Anyone can use this course for self-study, especially anyone who works at a surface mine, mill, or plant. Trainers, safety personnel, supervisors, or others may want to get the CD for use in conducting classes for mine workers.Disclaimer
- This material should be used for training purposes only. It is not a compliance guide, but rather a collection of good practices and rules/regulations from various government and private sector sources.
- No attempt has been made to treat the topic exhaustively.
- References and links to OSHA standards and other sources are not meant to imply enforceability by MSHA. The references and links are for informational and educational purposes only.
- The presentation is not a substitute for any of the provisions of the Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977, the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, or for any standards issued by the U.S. Department of Labor or by state or territorial governments.
- Mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Labor.