Subject Matter Expert (SME):
- Employee currently working in job being analyzed.
- Perceived as the 'role model' for proper job performance.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable regarding the job steps.
- Aware of new procedures, equipment, and 'lessons learned.'
Engineers or manufacturer's representatives should be selected based on their knowledge of how the technical equipment used on the job is designed and how it should be operated. If possible, they should also be familiar with the job steps involved in the job position being analyzed.
- Directly supervise the job incumbents who perform the job being analyzed.
- Recent practitioner-level experience in the job.
- Good working relationship with job incumbents serving on team.
more participants - Observers; Safety Personnel | back to previous page