The following products were approved or certified during April 2004, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following product was approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. CAC8C1BYU Signaling Cable. Approval No. 07-KA040005-0, issued to Austdac Pty. Ltd., P.O. Box 6486, Baulkham Hills B.C. N.S.W. 2153, Australia, April 13, 2004.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Models Quest Noisepro and Metrosonics DB-4000EZ Noise Dosimeters. Approval No. 18-A040003-0, issued to Quest Technologies, Inc., 1060 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin 53066, April 22, 2004.
2. 5000020338 FLP Enclosure. Certification No. 18-XPA040002-0, issued to Joy Mining Machinery, 120 Liberty Street, Franklin, Pennsylvania 16323, April 1, 2004.
The following product was accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Grizzly FR & Kodiak FR Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 18-CBA040001-0, issued to Legg Company, Inc., 325 E. Tenth Street, Box 112, Halstead, Kansas 67056, April 27, 2004.
The following product was approved as having met Part 20, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model 2620 Permissible Flashlight (Headlamp). Approval No. 20-A040001-0, issued to Pelican Products, Incorporated, 23215 Early Avenue, Torrance California 90505, April 26, 2004.
The following products were accepted as having met the Interim Fire Criteria Acceptance of Products Taken Into Underground Mines.
1. Type "ON-1949" Hydraulic Hose Cover Material. Acceptance No. IC-101/12, issued to Caterpillar Inc., P.O. Box 4000, Mossville, Illinois 61551, April 1, 2004.
2. Types 2004-0008 and 2004-0009 black nylon webbing hydraulic hose protection sleeves. Acceptance No. IC-212/02, issued to TapeCraft, 17 South Hunter Street, Anniston, Alabama 36201, April 15, 2004.
3. Type OR-0827 Pulley Lagging & Belt Skirt. Acceptance No. IC-223/0, issued to Classic Conveyor Components, P.O. Box 38, 163 West Burrell Street Ext., Blairsville, Pennsylvania 15717, April 7, 2004.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center