The following products were approved or certified during January 2004, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. "Dura-Skrim" Brattice Cloth. Approval No. 07-BA040001-0, issued to Raven Industries, 1812 E Avenue, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104, January 8, 2003.
2. FPA15-000, Alternator Assembly. Approval No. 07-JA040001-0, issued to Dry Systems Technologies, 8104 Lemont Road, Suite 700, Woodridge, Illinois 60517, January 16, 2004.
3. Frame WXP52, Alternating Current Motor. Approval No. 07-JA040002-0, issued to Mohler Technology, Inc., P.O. Box 669, 2355 Eby Road, Boonville, Indiana 47601, January 23, 2004.
4. Indoor/Outdoor Tight Buffered Fiber Optic Cable. Approval No. 07-KA040001-0, issued to Alcoa Fujikura Ltd., P.O. Box 3127, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29304, January 8, 2004.
5. "Unitized Distribution" Fiber Optic Cable including "Breakout" and "Distribution. Approval No. 07-KA040002-0, issued to Mohawk/CDT, 9 Mohawk Drive, Leominster, Massachusetts 01453, January 15, 2 004.
The following product was approved as having met Part 20, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model 2610 Headlamp. Approval No. 20-A030001-0, issued to Pelican Products, Incorporated, 23215 Early Avenue, Torrance, California 90505, January 8, 2004.
The following product was approved as having met Part 23, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model BG4 Amplifier. Approval No. 23-A040001-0, issued to Audiopack Technologies, Inc., 4933 Neo Parkway, Garfield Heights, Ohio 44128, January 23, 2004.
The following products were accepted as having met the Interim Fire Criteria Acceptance of Products Taken Into Underground Mines.
1. CS024RX-1, Hydraulic Hose Cover. Acceptance No. IC-8/11, issued to SEMPERIT Technische Produkte Gesellschaft m.b.H & Co KG, Triester Bundesstrasse 26, A-2632 Wimpassing Austria, January 16, 2004.
2. CS024RX-2, Hydraulic Hose Cover. Acceptance No. IC-8/12, issued to SEMPERIT Technische Produkte Gesellschaft m.b.H & Co KG, Triester Bundesstrasse 26, A-2632 Wimpassing Austria, January 16, 2004.
3. Type 57201 Hydraulic Hose Cover Material. Acceptance No. IC-214/1, issued to Dunlop Hiflex, P.O. Box 87, Centurion Way, Leyland Preston PR25 3WL England, January 15, 2004.
4. Type XMC562 Water Hose Cover Material. Acceptance No. IC-222/0, issued to Cosmoflex/Goodyear, 4142 Industrial Drive, P.O. Box 994, Hannibal, Missouri 63401, January 12, 2004.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center