The following products were approved or certified during April 2005, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. 280 Frame, Direct Current Motors. Approval No. 07-JA050001-0, issued to Wavecrest Laboratories LLC, 45600 Terminal Drive, Dulles, Virginia 20166, April 12, 2005.
2. Type SHD-GC Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050006-0, issued to American Insulated Wire Corporation, 95 Grand Avenue, Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02862, April 5, 2005.
3. "Tight Buffered Fiber Optic Cables". Approval No. 07-KA050007-0, issued to Draka Comteq, 20 Forge Park, Franklin, Massachusetts 02038, April 20, 2005.
4. Types SOOW and SJOOW Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050008-0, issued to NOMA Cable Tech, P.O. Box 1149, Stoufville, Ontario Canada, L4A 8A2, April 20, 2005.
5. Type G & W Flat Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050009-0, issued to Amercable, 680 Dutch Ridge Road, Beaver, Pennsylvania 15009, April 28, 2005.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Audible Alarm System, consisting of: (1) a Part No. 8492/111 Audible Alarm (Horn), and (2) a R. Stahl Part No. 9002/13-252-121-041 Safety Barrier. Approval No. 18-ISA050001-0, issued to DBT America, Inc., 4041 Wurno Road, Pulaski, Virginia 24301, April 7, 2005.
2. Model 5 Solenoid Assembly. Approval No. 18-NXA050002-0, issued to The Paquin Company, Box 32310, 26981 Lakeland Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio 44132, April 19, 2005.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center