The following products were approved or certified during May 2005, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Lapp VFD Symmetrical Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050010-0, issued to Lapp USA, 29 Hanover Road, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932, May 10, 2005.
2. Lapp VFD with Signal Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050011-0, issued to Lapp USA, 29 Hanover Road, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932, May 10, 2005.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model DSL Blasting Circuit Tester. Approval No. 18-A050002-0, issued to Wizard Devices, Inc., 1731 Crestview Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20854, May 31, 2005.
2. Fenaplast T3500 Conveyor Belt. Approval No. 18-CBA050001-0, issued to Fenner (India) Ltd., Fenner/Dunlop, 21 Laredo Drive, Scottdale, Georgia 30079, May 6, 2005.
3. Experimental Permit, Motorola HT1000 FM Radios. Permit No. 18-EPA050001-0, issued to Pittsburgh Safety and Health Technology Center, Ventilation Division, P.O. Box 18233, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236, May 27, 2005.
4. Twin Solenoid Valve. Certification No. 18-NXA050003-0, issued to HAWE Hydraulics, 9009-K Perimeter Woods Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28216, May 27, 2005.
5. Model H38 Encoder Housing Assembly. Certification No. 18-XPA050009-0, issued to BEI Technologies, Inc., Industrial Encoder Division, 7230 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, California 93117, May 9, 2005.
6. Model 34551 Switch, Connection and Display Enclosure Assembly. Certification No. 18-XPA050010-0, issued to Mining Controls, Inc., P.O. Box 1141, Beckley, West Virginia 25801, May 9, 2005.
7. VFD Enclosure. Certification No. 18-XPA050011-0, issued to Oldenburg Group Incorporated, 900 W. Breitung Ave., Kingsford, Michigan 49802, May 9, 2005.
The following products were accepted as having met the Flame Resistant Solid Products Taken Into Mines.
1. Type H425 Hydraulic Hose Cover. Acceptance No. IC-84/36, issued to Eaton Corporation, Aeroquip Division, 1660 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, Ohio 43537, May 6, 2005.
2. Type 2004-0052 Black Nylon Webbing Hydraulic Hose Protection Sleeve. Acceptance No. IC-212/03, issued to Tapecraft, 17 South Hunter Street, Anniston, Alabama 36201, May 10, 2005.
3. The following approvals issued to F & R Manufacturing, P.O. Box 569, Pleasant Hill, Oregon 97455, May 23, 2005:
- a. PRO-TEC-TO SLEEVING, Hydraulic Hose Protection Sleeve, IC-231/0
b. PRO-TEC-TO WRAP, Hydraulic Hose Protection Sleeve, IC-231/1
c. IMTECH Pulley Lagging, IC-232/0
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center