Part II Diesel Particulate Final Rules
Coal Resource Page
MSHA published final rules in the Federal Register on January 19, 2001. These rules deal with diesel particulate matter exposure for underground miners. We hope these resources will help.
Headquarters - Division of Health
Some Resources for you....
Contact: Robert Thaxton
Phone: (202) 693-9515
Technical Support - Approval & Certification Center
Contact: George Saseen
Phone: (304) 547-2072
- A single page diesel inventory sheet that complies with the requirements of 72.520
- Single Page
Diesel Inventory Sheet - (PDF)
Note: This is NOT a required form but is provided to assist mine operators. This form is especially appropriate for those operations with very limited numbers of diesel equipment as each piece of diesel equipment requires a separate sheet.
- Downloadable Access database for tracking a coal mine diesel inventory that complies with the requirements of 72.520
- diesel_inventory.mdb - (MDB)
Note: This is a suggested format and may be used by any operator. It is NOT a required document. The user will need to have Microsoft Access 97 available to run the database.
- Coal Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM) Standards -- Informational Meetings
- Model Diesel Particulate Matter Training Outline
Approved Engines under Part 7 subpart E
- Diesel Particulate Matter - A Powerpoint® Presentation