Skip to content
Get latest version of  A  Guide to  Miner's  Rights....
Click Image for Copy
MSHA's National Hazard Reporting Page


To report a hazardous condition at a mine to MSHA, call: 1-800-746-1553
or use the on-line filing option (For more information, see below).

You do not need to identify yourself!

To report an imminent danger hazardous condition call: 1-800-746-1553
(a condition that could cause a serious accident, injury, illness or fatality)

For the Mine Maps Hotline, Impoundments Hotline, and
Abandoned Mines

Please Note: This page is not intended for Immediately Reportable accidents. For information on Immediately Reportable accidents, please use this link.

Submit a Hazardous Condition Complaint

There are two ways to submit a Hazardous Condition Complaint. You may either use the phone or our on-line filing option. Either way, you do not need to identify yourself!

When reporting, please provide as much of the following information you can. It will help us to help you.

  • Name of company
  • Name of mine
  • Location of mine (city/town)
  • State where mine is located
  • If you know the MSHA ID for the mine, please include it. You may search for an MSHA ID by either mine name or company name using MSHA's Mine Data Retrieval System (MDRS).
  • To submit a complaint by phone, please dial 1-800-746-1553.

    To submit a complaint on-line, please use the button to the right. This will take you to our on-line filing application for reporting hazardous conditions at mine sites only. It is not to be used for any other purpose.

    Guide to Miners' Rights Single Source Page

    This page will provide you with all the information you need, to include, the guide, a trifold brochure and more. Go there!