Skip to content
Directorate of Educational Policy and Development

Frequently Asked Questions

Competent Person under Part 46 or MSHA-approved Instructor under Part 48

How do you become a competent person under Part 46?
Click this link for the Part 46 Compliance Guide information.

Who do you contact in your area to become an MSHA-approved instructor under Part 48?
Click this link for a list of phone numbers, office addresses and e-mail.

Who do you contact to check if a person is an MSHA-approved instructor for Part 48?
Click this link for more information or contact the Qualification and Certification Unit at 303-231-5472.