The following products were approved or certified during January 2005, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. #527 and #586 Cable Splice Repair Kit and Cable Jacket Repair Kit. Approval No. 07-KA050001-0, issued to Bluefield Manufacturing, Inc., P.O. box 1010, Bluefield, VA 24605, January 24, 2005.
2. "Trex-Onics" Round Composite Signal Cable. Approval No. 07-KA050002-0, issued to TPC Wire & Cable, 7061 East Pleasant Valley Road, Independence, OH, 44131, January 10, 2005.
The following products were certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model RIM4002-G Generator Enclosure Assembly. Certification No. 18-XPA050001-0, issued to Stolar Horizon, Inc., P.O. Box 428, 848 Clayton Highway, Raton, New Mexico 87740, January 7, 2005.
2. Type MP3 Encoder Housing Assembly. Certification No. 18-XPA050002-0, issued to DBT GB Limited, P.O. Box 9, Motherwell, Scotland ML1 1SN, January 26, 2005.
The following product was accepted as having met the Flame Resistant Solid Products Taken Into Mines.
1. Type Polystone M Natural FLR UHMW Polyethylene Sheeting. Acceptance No. IC-228/0, issued to Rochling Engineered Plastics, P.O. Box 2729, Gastonia, NC 28053, January 14, 2005.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center